Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oil Spill timeline

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/05/01/us/20100501-oil-spill-tracker.html?ref=us


hey folks, I don't have much time to write now but I thought I would share this link I found.
It shows the progression and spread of the oil spill in the Gulf.

A positive note is that Kevin Costner (yes the actor) actually has created a centrifuge-type of machine that takes the contaminated water and spins out the oil. I think I read it is 98% effective in removing oil from seawater. And BP has actually already bought 32 of these machines to use in the Gulf spill! THINGS CAN CHANGE!

This is a huge deal, as we all know. I am trying to focus on the possibility of a positive outcome from this disaster. Maybe the world/the US will finally, FINALLY seriously look at ending big oil's reign of terror on this planet.

Pray.
Hope.
but most importantly,
Love.

1 comment: